So, this post isn’t really related to Infertility! However, I will be taking part in a charity half marathon in October 2015 on behalf of a UK charity organisation called NSPCC. This organisation does incredible work to prevent child abuse and to also help victims of child abuse!
Last year alone figures indicated:
- 8,000 offences of cruelty and neglect of children were recorded by the Police.
- Over 50,000 children in the UK alone needed protection from abuse.
- Over 90% of sexually abused children were abused by someone they knew.
- More recently, over 1,700 children were victims of FGM – These children were aged between 5-8 years old.
Organisations such as the NSPCC are working to reduce and with time eradicate these figures completely by offering support and guidance to those impacted through the use of outlets such as Childline.
- Over 62,000 children and young people used Childline.
- The NSPCC helpline responded to over 9,000 contacts about physical abuse, 13,389 contacts about neglect and 6,000 contacts about emotional abuse.
Donations towards this charity would be greatly appreciated! They can be left on the following link!